Friday, September 9, 2011

7th Anniversary Celebration Next Week!

Hello Bittersweet Farm Friends!!! 
I have a fun little story to start, and then some 
Bittersweet Farm News for next week! 
In search of a recipe for an autumn dessert for our Bible Study on Tuesday, I pulled out one of my Gooseberry Patch cookbooks: Fall Friends and Family and went to the last chapter "Autumn Treats". After browsing them, I decided on the recipe for Pumpkin Pie Cake on page 200. If you are not familiar with their cookbooks {I LOVE THEM!} the recipes are submitted by their readers. For whatever reason, I looked to see where this recipe was from. To my surprise and delight, it was submitted by a friend I met blogging (really!) who happens to live in our area, and we have connected over coffee. {Hi Kim!}

This is what the cookbook says about the pie/cake: "The best tasting dessert...forget about having any left over!" ~They were right!~ and even more delightful when served with REAL {out of the can} whip cream. 

One interesting note: The recipe calls for an 18.5 oz pkg. yellow cake mix. They have reduced the size of the mixes to 12.5 oz. so I had to buy two. I don't buy cake mixes very often, so I am not sure when that happened, but I was glad I noticed!


~Now for SHOP NEWS~


The shop is full of fall now! 
Bittersweet Farm's 7th Anniversary celebration is next week! 
I opened the shop on the same weekend as 
our local Amery Fall Festival. {2004}
I am amazed at how quickly the years have gone and 
how BLESSED I am to have such a fun business 
right at home!!! 


I am so thankful for all of YOU who have come out to the farm and made my business a 7 year success! I'm looking forward to many more!!! 

In celebration of my Anniversary I will be having drawing for TWO give-aways* September 14-17

1. A lighted twig branch, indoor/outdoor use and wonderful when added to berry picks, fall floral, or evergreens at Christmas! A $26.00 value!! 
2. A crow on a stick! Poke him into your mums, 
into a straw bale, tie him to your corn stalks 
or poke him  right into the ground! 

*You must come into the shop during business 
hours next week to get entered into the drawing.
 I will contact you if you win!

Shop Hours:
Wednesday 10-4
Thursday 12-6
Friday 10-4
Saturday 10-4



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin