Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Autumn Preview

I have been a putz with my blog of late due to end-of-summer fun and fall prep. Dale and I just returned from celebrating our 28th Anniversary at a Bed and Breakfast in Lanesboro, MN. We had two nights with two large and lovely breakfasts. I told Nancy, chef extraordinaire, home executive, gardener, and wonderful hostess that it is the first time I have wanted to take a photo of my breakfast!  We enjoyed dining with several other couples who entertained us and engaged us with stories of France, talk of buffalo in Kansas, organic food realities and local biking adventures. 


On Monday, we biked on the Root River Trail which winds along said river for miles. We went on a 40 mile journey from Lanesboro to Rushford and back. The day was perfect with sunshine, crisp air and shade all along the trail. The area {Southern MN} is very hilly, so when we got back into town, my dear man decided to climb Church Hill. Well, I didn't quite make it. I had to walk my bike for a little way. The ride down was exhilarating though and made the trek up worthwhile! (and settled my agitation toward him for leading me up there after so many miles with no warning!)


Yesterday afternoon was spent unpacking, going through Monday and Tuesday tasks and doing a little yard work. I'm so thankful that the growing season is slowing and since we haven't had as much rain, the MOWING season is slowing also!


The shop is beginning to look like fall. {Most people's favorite decorating season according to my non-official polling over the 7 years I have had the shop open} 


Here is a little preview:









Can you almost smell the harvest fragrances?
Pumpkin...Apple...Spices
Hope you can make it in for a visit! 
HOURS:
Wednesday 10-4
Thursday 12-6
Friday 10-4
Saturday 10-4

2 comments:

  1. glad you and hubby had a nice time away. your shop looks great, fall is one of my favorite seasons. I love the colors.
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kathy
    Happy late Anniversary~ what a beautiful Bed & Breakfast!!!Sound like a wonderful place~

    My Fav time of decorating is Fall/Autumn~ so colorful & fun!!!
    The shop's goodies are wonderful~the little crow & pumpkin on the wagon, adorable!!!
    have a wonderful day~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin