Monday, June 14, 2010

Grad Party Highlights

We made it! The last few weeks have been extremely full of planning, preparation and parties! Sometimes in big-event seasons, you have to "shelf" a few things in order to concentrate on the one...
Business, blogging and butt-busting (excercise~lol) are a few of the things that took a back seat to all the hoopla of throwing a party for our graduate, but after today (breathe!) I will be back on track. Here are a
 few highlights from our celebration:

My sister Nancy made the cake (Ethan loves Chevy), and if you know people who feel strongly about which vehicle brand they drive, then you know the "friendly competition" that results from strong opinions (or not so strong, but just a love of opposing the strong!)
This is my "creative moment" idea: Since Ethan is fascinated with all things with a motor...and my kids loved their cozy coup, I thought it would be fun to greet people with him in one! Kayla found this at a garage sale, blew up a photo and laminated it for me.
It was surprising how I had to take a double take of the "scene" when I would catch a glimpse of it out of the corner of my eye...

And finally, a photo of "The Deal"! Congrats Ethan! You did it! Now...On to College!

And I have a couple of new boxes that came in, so off I go to unpack them!
Shop hours now are:
*Wednesday*Friday*Saturday...10-4
*Thursday...12-6


2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS ETHAN!
    Mom, he looks like you! That's a good thing...quite a handsome man.

    Great post.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your creativity!!!! FUN! Congrats to your son. Chris doesn't have his Grad until the Fall.
    Blessings to you!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin